Sunday, July 08, 2012

Happy Anniversary!


 
 Way back then.  1993, chasing sunsets and sitting on a brand new '93 Honda VFR750F.
Part of her wild years ... cherished memories.



 1995.  Right before our wedding ...
Now.  I got off work and came home at 3:15am the other morning, crawled into bed for my hour and a half of sleep before I had to go to my full-time job at MDOT and I was surprised when Cindy moved over in the bed and snuggled up next to me. A lot of things have happened lately in my life, in the lives of others that I know ... things that bothered me, things that undermined my faith in the institutions of love, devotion and marriage.  
I put my arms around Cindy and held her tight, kissed her on top of her head and told her that what we had together, as a couple, wasn't perfect by any means but compared to what others had then what we had actually was damn near perfect mainly because it works and it has worked for 17 years of marriage and 20 years of knowing each other and just being together. It works because we both work hard at what we have, it isn't easy sometimes, in fact sometimes it seems almost impossible to go on but we always make it, somehow and things always get better ... slowly but surely, things always get better. They always have and I have faith that they always will because we are two people who love each other and who consider our marriage to be a long term labor of love, not something that is temporary and disposable when we don't like it anymore. 


 Now.
Cynthia Llyn, I love you and I wouldn't trade you for anyone else in the world. You are my strength when I falter and my hope when I despair. Thank you for sharing your life with me, for giving me two very beautiful and very wonderful little girls, for being my soulmate since 1995, my best friend since 1993, and my friend since 1992. 
 Happy 17th wedding anniversary, doll. I love you with all my heart and soul.